Village : Kanjanur
Block : Kanai
District : Villupuram
State : Tamil Nadu
Country : India
Continent : Asia
Education Schools Colleges:Schools in Kanjanur
1 . Panchayat Union Elementary School
2 . Government High School
Written by : Admin , Posting id :32258 , Report
Other detail: Overview about Kanjanur Village
Origin of Village name
General belief among the villagers was that the name of the village originally derived from Tamil name (Kanji + Voor) Kanji, which means simple variety of rice porridge offer to Lord Shiva workshippers or devotees so called Saivas who visit the village as Hindu pilgrimage. Voor means Village. However in ancient times (Tamil Literary work) it was referred to as Vada-kanjanur (Vada means North direction) , now also called as Villupuram-Kanjanur.
Reaching Kanjanur Village
It is placed on Villupuram District, Villupuram Taluk, under Kanai block. It is located exactly 14.6 Kilometers distance from its district main town Villupuram. Frequency transport services (Buses) are available from Villupuram and Gingee.
View about Kanjanur Village Panchayat
This village panchayat has all basic amenities such as
1. Government Schools.
2. Post office .
3. Village administrative officer (VOC) office.
4. Pallavan Grama Bank (Sponsored by Indian Bank) .
5. Milk Co-operative booth.
6. Funeral or Burial ground.
7. Telephone exchange office.
8. Electricity (EB) sub-station.
9. Police station.
11. Big lake.
12. Small ponds.
13. Temples (Sri Vinayaka temple, Lord Shiva temple, Perumal temple, Sri Durgai amman temple, Sri Mariamman temple, Arulmigu Throwpathi amman temple, Sri Angala Parameswari temple and Sri Pidari amman temple etc.)
However, it lacks in some basic amenities for example Emergency care center and Veterinary hospital etc.
Occupation and Crops details of Kanjanur Village
Agriculture is the main occupation here. Especially paddy (wet land) and ground-nut or peanut, sesame (dry land) are the main crops cultivated here. Some minor crops cultivated here are Sugarcane, cotton and black gram.
Glory of Kanjanur Village Lord Shiva temple (Sri Ramalingeswarar temple) and highlights on its salient features
Lord Shiva temple or koil in Kanjanur village is good old and well known temple among neighbouring villages and Saivas. The one of most dominant feature about this was that being its 14 centuries old temple. It has very unique features such as
1. East direction facing temple main entrance.
2. East direction facing Moolavar, Swayambhu or svayambhu(self-appeared idol) Lingam - God name called as Sri Ramalingeswarar and Sri Soundarya nayakiamman (Goddess) to far right to Lingam (separate idol). This east direction, which is said to be the direction of Sun God (the Lord of life giver).
3. East direction facing Sri Vinayaka and Sri Murugan temples also available within temple premises.
4. Lord Saneeswara (separate) idol also available in this temple, which is rarer to see this God apart from Nayagraha.
5. Vilvam tree-Aegle marmelos (sacred tree for Lord Shiva) also available within temple premises.
6. This temple is one among the Vaippu sthalam mentioned in the songs in “Thevaram”, hymns composed in praise of Lord Shiva during 7-8 th century.
7. This temple or sthalam was refered by Tamil Saint and Poet Sundarar, in his Tirupattu (Verses –paasuram and referring song 7-12-8).
Details on the festival celebration: Villagers generally celebrates all festival, especially Tamil New Year, Pongal, Deepavali or Diwali and other religious festivals also.
Written by : krishnan , Posting id :111744 , Report
The following Kanjanur map is from google. Kanjanur map consist of nearest villages and more information based on the zooming. You can enlarge or minimize the map zooming level based on your requirement.
Dear Kanjanur people we have started this wikiedit.org to publish all village details around the world. Kanjanur is a village located in the Villupuram district of Tamil-Nadu state. You are welcome to provide more information about Kanjanur. It can be under the following category.
- About Kanjanur
- History of Kanjanur
- Festivals in Kanjanur
- Kanjanur Location
- Kanjanur Route map
- Tourist places in Kanjanur
- Shops in Kanjanur
- Hospitals in Kanjanur
- Bank ATM in Kanjanur
- Bus train Kanjanur
- call taxi in Kanjanur
- Hotels in Kanjanur
- Marriage hall in Kanjanur
- Telephone numbers Kanjanur
- Police rescue help in Kanjanur
- Temple in Kanjanur
- Church in Kanjanur
- Mosque in Kanjanur
- volunters NGO in Kanjanur
- business in Kanjanur
- Two wheer sell buy in Kanjanur
- Land in Kanjanur
- House to-let Kanjanur
- Car sell buy Kanjanur
- Your experience about Kanjanur