The Uthangal Village was a head for surrounding villages during the kingdoms of chozhas, this village was head of one small kingdom, called Palayakarargal, since all the villages in this area called Uthangal Palayam, This Palayam was coming under Udayar Palayam Jameen, The UdayarPalayam Jameen was a sub kingdom of Chozahas. Now also so many villages in this area wiath Initial of U indicated Uthangal, (eg) U. MANGALAM, U.AKARAM, U.KOMPADIKUPPAM U.ATHANUR, U.PONNALAGARM, U.EDAKUPPAM...
The another important history behind the Uthangal village is very interesting because it is something related to The great RAMAYANA the Indian great ethicks. the name reason of Uthangal also quiet interested because it is also related to story of Ramayana.
THE RAMAYANA STORY AND UTHANGAL
Once upon a time this area of Uthangal was a constant forest, during that time the great Munivar, Viswamithrar has camped in this forest and had a regular worship for Lord Shiva. The head of Asuras Suklasari has worried about Munivar Viswamithrar worship and planned to disturb him worship. He called His sister Thadagai, and order her to disturb muni's Viswamithrar worship. Thadagai came to the place of the Muni's worship area and passes uri ne like rainfall. The repeated process of this rainfall like urine of Thadagai leads this area to form so many artesian, because of many artesian the water flows all the time on this land, so, the muni Viswamithrar couln't continue the worship, based on the artesian the location of this was called UTHANGAL since the tamil meaning of artesian is called as UTHU and flow of water is called as KAL, (the flow of Artesian = UTHANGAL).
The upseted Muni Viswamithrar came to Ayothya to meet king Dhasaratha,
to seek help from him to protect his worship, he ask with the king to send his sons Lord Ram and his brother Lakshman to save his worship, with pleasure the king Dhasaratha send his sons . The muni came along with Ram and Lakshman and started the process of worship and order Ram and Lakshman to serve as Guard for his worship. The agitated Thadagi came and started again passing urine with the aim of disturbing the muni's worship, The Lord Rama killed her using his great weapon Ramapanam and saved the Lord Muni'swamithrs worship.
With the help of Lord Rama and Lakshmana the muni Viswamithrar had completed his all the poojas completely attains great power from Lord Shiva. the witnessses for above events happens in this area are still there is a lord Muni's temple located Uthangal village, and The Lord Rama Temple at U. Agaram village with sculptural stones.
Written by : ASHOKUMAR D , Posting id :14690 , Report
The festival is planned for ten days from Pankuni Uthiram.
starting from days first the ten days are colorful days and nights with various cultral events and fire works.
The second important cultural event is the fire feet festival in the month of Marchat Goddes Mariyamman temple.
The sagai festival of goddes mariyamman and kavadi attam of DEVOTEES of LORD Murugaa aloso famous at Uthangal Village
Written by : ASHOKUMAR D , Posting id :14692 , Report
The exact location of Uthangal is in betwee close Vridhachalam and Neyveli2 (Mantharakuppam) the Neyveli Lignite Corporation is very close to Uthangal. Thermal Power station II of NLC is very near to Uthangal, and a Private Power plant called ST-CMS 250 MW power plant is exactly located at Uthangal Village.
Written by : ASHOKUMAR D , Posting id :14695 , Report
1. THE LORD MUNEESWARAR TEMPLE IS ONE OF THE IMPORTANT TEMPLES IN UTHANGAL, THE DEVOTEES FROM ALL THE DISTRICT OF TAMIL NADU CAME TO THE TEMPLE TO WORSHIP LORD MUNEESWARAR. IT IS LOCATED VERY NEAR FROM THE BUS STOP OF UTHANGAL.(PLEASE READ THE HISTORY OF UTHANGAL VILLAGE TO KNOW ABOUT LORD MUNEESWARAR)
2. THE MAHA SAKTHI MARIYAMMAN TEMPLE IS ANOTHER IMPORTATAT TEMPLE LOCATED AT UTHNGAL, MARIYAMMAN IS GODDESS OF RAIN SHE IS IN CENTER PLACE UTHANGAL WHO IS GUARDING PEOPLES OF UTHANGAL
3. THE VINAYAGAR TEMPLE IS LOCATED AT EAST STREET OF UTHANGAL
4. THE LORD SUBRAMANIYAR AND LORD KRISHNA TEMPLES ARE LOCATED AT YADHAVA STREET OF UTHANGAL
5. THE LORD GURUSAMY TEMPLE IS GOD FOR PALAYAKARARS OF UTHANGAL PALAYAM UNDER UDAYARPALAYAM JAMEEN IS LOCATED AT EXTREEM NORTH OF UTHANGAL.
6. THE POOVADAKARIYAMMAL TEMPLE IS LOCATED AT MELA VEETHI UTHANGAL.
7. THE SIRUTHONDAN ONE OF THE 63 NAYANMARAS TEMPLE IS LOCATED AT MELA STREET UTHANGAL
Written by : ASHOKUMAR D , Posting id :14697 , Report
PRESIDENT,VILLAGE PANCHAYAT BOARD, UTHANGAL.
Written by : ASHOKUMAR D , Posting id :14696 , Report